LEAGUE RULES & REGULATIONS
MATCHES & FINAL TOURNAMENT
- Agawam Axe House Leagues run for a total of 8 weeks. Every week each league member will compete in 4 Matches.
- 1 Match is a 10-throw game against another opponent.
- Each Week your scores are published on our Agawam Axe House standing page.
- Week 8 is the Playoffs during which all players will compete in a double-elimination tournament to determine the winner.
- Between Week 7 and Week 8 players may vote on their League MVP.
- Each player must throw from a minimum of 11′ from the Target.
- Before a player’s first game, players are allowed 5 practice throws. Subsequent games allow a single practice throw.
- The Match begins with players tapping their axe heads together (like shaking hands)
- Players must wait for confirmation that they can throw
- Players must throw within 5 seconds of their opponent. Either player may throw first.
- The 5th & 10th throw:
- Players may throw for the Diamond. Neither player is required to throw for Diamond
- The Match Official will ask each player if they wish to throw for the Diamond and players must give a verbal response.
- If a player throws for Ace they must hit the Diamond (total 10 points), or score a 0 for that throw.
- After the 5th throw, players will swap lanes, and once again tap axe heads.
THE TARGET & SCORING
- An official must call the throw score before any player may cross the 11′ line, or the throw score is 0.
- The center of the target is called the Bullseye and is worth 6 points. A correct bullseye must visibly show orange on both sides of the blade.
- The Diamonds are worth 10 points. They are only active during throw 5 and 10, and must be “called” and confirmed for the official.
- When a blade lands on a line, the higher point value is given to the player.
- Players may ask for a second opinion.
- Each player must provide their own axe(es) for League
- Axes must be a minimum of 12″ long
- The Axe blade cannot be longer than 4″
- The total weight of the Axe must not exceed 3lbs
- No point/spike/blade on the opposite end of the blade
Players may use multiple axes during their match. The following are the guidelines:
- The player may not leave the Pit to obtain additional axes once the game has commenced.
- Players do not get an additional practice throw when they change axes, except in the case of a broken axe.
- When an axe is deemed broken by the Official, the player will have 1 minute to find a replacement.