Our Winter Agawam Axe Throwing leagues begin the week of January 14th. This League is an in-house league and not affiliated with the World League.
Registrations are currently open for the Open and Women, and we have availability for a maximum of 30 participants, per League, and require a minimum of 8, per League, to run.
You’ll compete individually among up to 30 players and with plenty of time to hang out and get to know each another between throwing. 30 axe throwing enthusiasts will have a chance to compete against each other at The Agawam Axe House over an 8-week period.
8 WEEKS, 7 MATCH weeks and 1 PLAYOFF week
$120/person. Includes 20% off sessions during the league weeks.
Axes must meet safety regulations at the Agawam Axe House. If you bring your own it must meet our safety requirements and the Axe House is not responsible for any damage to your personal property. We cannot guarantee in-house Axe availability during league nights, so we highly recommend you bring your own axe. Our staff are happy to direct you to where you can purchase the in-house axes we currently have.
All axes must conform to the following standards:
- The axe head can weigh up to 2lbs maximum.
- The blade on the head should be no longer than 4.75″ maximum.
- The handle may be made of wood, steel or plastic and length be at least 12″ inches long, including the handle in the eye of the head of the axe.
- The length includes the top head of the axe where the wood is inserted, to the bottom of the shaft.
Competitors will compete in at least 4 battles each league night. Your scores will be added over the 7 week sessions, and the playoffs will be the top 16 players, for each League, for the Title.
A match consists of 10 total throws and the winner of the Match is the competitor with the highest score after 10 throws.
- You cannot miss more than 1 week of the League. You must make up your games during the prior or next League session.
- Practice Throws before each battle.
- Minimum Age is 18.
- No trick shots.